Crazy For Crust has the most incredible recipe for Lemon Meringue Pie Fudge. My sister-in-law is here visiting and whipped this up for us this week. She and my husband both love lemon and fudge. What’s not to love about the two combined?!? Just saying. ;)
Lemon Meringue Pie Fudge
- 1 1/2 cups cookie crumbs (lemon shortbread or shortbread cookies)
- 3 Tbls melted butter
- 4 cups (2 bags) white chocolate chips, divided
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp pure lemon extract
- 2-3 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 3/4 cup marshmallow fluff
- Mix cookie crumbs and butter together and press in to an 8×8 or 9×9 pan that has been covered with foil and sprayed with veggie spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove and let cool while preparing the fudge.
- Place one cup of white chocolate chips in a bowl and set aside.
- Place the remaining three cups of chips in a medium sauce pan with the sweetened condensed milk. Heat on medium-low heat, stir until melted.
- Melt the 1 cup of reserved chips on 50% power in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, stir every 30 seconds.
- Remove pan with chips and condensed milk from heat and stir in food coloring and lemon extract. Pour over crust.
- Stir the marshmallow fluff and the melted 1 cup of chips together and spread over the top of the fudge. Work quickly. The chips thicken quickly.
- Let set on the counter 15 minutes and then chill until set.